As a leading manufacturer of microwave components and sub-systems we acknowledge that in carrying out our activities we have a responsibility to the environment.
We recognise that we inevitably impact on the environment and we wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activities, products and services wherever and whenever possible. As part of our overall business plan we have an integrated management system that will conforms to ISO14001 and is linked with our ISO9001 system.
In our efforts to continually strive for quality and environmental improvement in all aspects of our business, and because we wish to preserve the environment through sustainable business practices, we have a policy designed to enable us to set objectives and targets. Through these we measure, monitor and assess our performance on a regular basis.
We strive to:
- Meet the overarching Smiths Group Environmental policies.
- Where we can, exceed the requirements of all relevant EU and UK legislation and regulations.
- Through continual improvement, work to improve the effectiveness of our environmental management system.
- Seek to prevent pollution of air, land and water and support pollution prevention by our customers and encourage our suppliers to develop an environmentally sensitive approach.
- Set targets to progressively improve energy conservation while minimising the use of raw materials and natural resources wherever and whenever possible.
- Reduce the amount of waste we produce, re-using and re-cycling wherever possible.
- Ensuring that wherever practically possible, environmentally preferred materials are selected for our designs and manufacturing processes.
- Communicate and reinforce the environmental policy to everyone throughout the company and to make aims available to other interested parties including the public, upon request.