It is our policy to provide and maintain safe equipment and systems of work and safe healthy working conditions for all our employees by providing the appropriate information, training and supervision. And so far as is reasonably practicable accept our responsibility for the health and safety of others, who may be affected by our activities.
Overall and final responsibility for occupational health and safety (OH&S) lies with the Managing Director and Management Team while day-to-day responsibility for OH&S matters has been delegated to appropriate personnel.
All employees are expected to follow OHS rules, to co-operate with managers, supervisors and colleagues alike to promote and maintain a healthy and safe workplace taking due care of themselves and others.
Our overall business plan includes an integrated management system that conforms to the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and which is linked with TRAK’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 systems.
In our efforts to continually strive for improvements in OH&S performance TRAK will:
- Meet the overarching Smiths Group Health & Safety policies.
- Set objectives which are documented, implemented and maintained within our OH&S system and ensure through regular review that these objectives remain relevant and appropriate to our organisation.
- Meet then exceed the requirements of applicable, EU and UK legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe to and that relate to our OH&S hazards and risks.
- Communicate and routinely reinforce our OH&S policy to all persons working under our control, including on site contractors, so that they are made aware of their individual OH&S obligations.
- Implement an OH&S system that prevents injury and ill health to our employees.
- Hold regular reviews to ensure that we measure, monitor and assess our OH&S performance and continually improve the effectiveness of the system and thereby our OH&S performance.
- Make the OH&S policy available to all interested parties including the public, on request.